Monday, July 29, 2013

I'm alive and kicking, people. Hey there! It's been a while since I've updated, and I apologize for that. I've been insanely busy with my majors. Thankfully, my professor gave me some good news today and decided to give our class a free day--and what better way to use this 'free day' than to tell you guys about the congress I was just in!

Last July 27-28, I was fortunate enough to attend the Student Media Congress, a 2-day event held at De La Salle University-Manila with the theme "Exploring Media Breakthroughs". Students from different schools around the country attended--with this, you can then assume that the crowd was, indeed, crazy. I'd show you pictures, but the environment was a bit too claustrophobic for me to take photos properly. Nevertheless, I was somehow able to manage and take a few just for you guys! ♥
I was blessed enough to spend the whole congress with one of my best friends, Alex. I got a bit too excited when I found out that she was going too--we haven't seen each other in a long time! It was more than great to spend 2 days catching up with her (hi bb, I missed you!).
We had an excellent set of speakers for the first day, some of whom being:
Mr. John Nery (Senior Editor, Philippine Daily Inquirer), who talked about the importance of print media in this day and age.
 Mr. Val Victa (AVP For Ad & Promo, Manila Broadcasting Company), who reiterated that radio still has an impact on the society, even in this digital generation.
Mr. Jaemark Tordecilla (managing Editor, Interaksyon.com), who gave his insights on how important it is for today's generation to take action and involve themselves in media-related activities.
and Ms. Maria Ressa (CEO & Executive Editor, Rappler.com), who showed just how important the role of technology is in today's society, and how it helps connect each and every one of us. 
 Day 2 of the congress was a lovely experience as well, since Alex and I were fortunate enough to get into the talks of Mr. Carlo Ople (Managing Director, DM9JaymeSyfu) & Ms. Ann Jacobe (President, Youphoric Labs), who gave us insights on Digital Marketing and Knowledge Management respectively. 
Mr. Ople was even kind enough to let us have our picture taken with him! 
And did I mention that Ms. Ann's outfit was too gorgeous for my life? That skirt! ♥
Money well spent. It was a lovely congress, and I learned tons. 

So how was your week, darlings?

Sammie ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment